Long Point Capital was founded in 1998 to invest in outstanding founder, family, and management-owned companies with highly capable management teams and strong growth prospects. We provide significant up-front liquidity and ongoing ownership to company owners who want to partner with us to continue to grow the value of the business.
We focus on lower, middle market businesses with EBITDA of greater than $5 million with defensible market, customer and product positions, solid long-term industry fundamentals, and a history of stable earnings. We have invested in a diverse portfolio of manufacturing, service, and distribution companies in a broad range of industries. We are currently investing from Long Point Capital Fund III with $240 million of capital with a strong group of limited partners who will provide additional capital where required.
We approach new investments and challenges with a “sleeves rolled up” approach. We customize transactions to meet the owner’s specific goals and offer expertly-designed tax-efficient solutions. Along with deep operational and industry expertise, we build our collaboration on a foundation of common sense and integrity. Like the entrepreneurs we work with, we understand how important our reputation is, and we always seek to do the right thing.
Our track record since 1998 speaks for itself, but don’t take our word for it—read what some of our partners have to say about working with us.
Successfully investing for more than 20 years, with our limited partners who will provide additional capital where required.
Long Point Peninsula is located on Lake Erie about 75 miles west of Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, about halfway between our metropolitan Detroit and New York City offices. The peninsula has a storied history beginning with early native tribes such as the Attiwandarons, Hurons and Iroqouis hunting and fishing in the game-rich marshes of Long Point. To guide Great Lakes shipping vessels, a series of lighthouses were built on Long Point. This lighthouse was built on the peninsula in 1916.